2016 EWSRA RULES OF SHOW CONDUCT
1. Space Contract- Exhibiting EWSRA Member must be “rep of record” when contracting exhibit space at any
EWSRA sponsored event. If found that the exhibitor is not “rep of record”, exhibit space will be released immediately,
booth fees forfeited and fines imposed. Contracting EWSRA Member must be in attendance for the duration of the show.
Show Management and the Board of Directors must clear extenuating circumstances (ex: due to show conflicts, loss of
lines or illness) prior to show opening.
2. Rep Agencies – EWSRA membership is open to individual reps only. EWSRA does not recognize “rep agencies”.
Member rep that contracts show space must attend the show in its entirety. Show Management and the EWSRA Board of
Directors, prior to show opening, must approve extenuating circumstances.
3. Non-exhibiting member reps are welcome to attend all EWSRA après’ show functions. However, attendance
is strictly prohibited during official show hours.
4. Products - It is the intent that EWSRA shows emphasize the sale of ski/snowboard, outdoor and action sports
products, but reps that also have other seasonal lines may show them provided they follow EWSRA’s Policies and Show
Rules. Ski/Snowboard, outdoor and action sports products must occupy at least 51% of the display space in each booth
and the Member Rep who contracted for the space must represent all products. All products displayed in booth must be
listed in the EWSRA Buyer’s Guide as a “product line” of contracting member rep.
5. Space Assignments – All space will be assigned by EWSRA Show Management and the Board of Directors’
which in its sole discretion shall foster the best interest of traffic flow, needs and overall quality of the event. While no
guarantees can be offered, every reasonable effort will be made to accommodate member space requests, while taking
into consideration show seniority and compliance with the September 16th payment and renewal deadline. Absolutely
no space will be held unless accompanied by the appropriate fee(s). No Member may sublet any portion of his/her space,
but may share space only if arrangements are made with the EWSRA office .
6. Early breakdown or closures are prohibited. Every Member shall remain the full mandatory period as designated
by the Board of Directors, and if departing on the last mandatory day, may not begin dismantling or moving any part of
his/her display until the published closing time of show. All early breakdowns/closures, inclusive of meeting rooms, will result
in loss of booth location / booth seniority and will be fined. Articles may not be removed from booth once show officially opens without written authorization from Show Management.
7. Membership Badge must be worn and displayed during all EWSRA events. Members will not be permitted into
the show area without proper badge identification. Associate Members, Assistants, Principals, Manufacturers and Guests
must be registered with an exhibiting Member, and must obtain appropriate badge identification for the event.
8. Registration - Sales assistants, models, secretaries, technical representatives, principals, manufacturers and guests
must be registered at ALL SHOWS. The following fees / definitions will apply to all EWSRA shows:
• Associate Rep: A rep that travels and works the territory and is attending an EWSRA show for one or more days with
a current member rep – Fee $75
Show Assistant – helpers and models hired specifically to work the show only and does not travel and/or work the
territory – Fee $75
Principal – Any non-member, full-time employee of a company who is attending the show for one or more
days – Fee $200
Above fees will be charged regardless of the duration of time present at event. Fees must be prepaid or paid at registration.
There will be NO BILLING. Above fees are the direct responsibilities of Member rep. In addition, Member rep is responsible
for assistants, models, secretaries, technical representatives and principals following EWSRA Show Rules and Policies.
Non-participating manufacturers will be permitted into the show on the last day only, provided they pay a $75.00
“Guest” fee. Non-participating manufacturers will not be issued a badge or given access to show for any reason,
except as noted above.
11. All sound equipment will be kept to a minimal noise level, acceptable to neighboring exhibitors. When demon-
strating the use of a wax/tuning machine, please be considerate of your neighbors.
Page 2 – EWSRA Show Rules
12. All exhibit material must fit within the parameters of the defined booth space at each show. Due to fire regulations encroachment into aisles or open space is not permitted. Per contract, vertical extensions to the decorator’s equipment are
13. No mechanical or wheeled devices, with the exception of wheelchairs, walkers and/or strollers are allowed in the
show halls during published show hours.
14. Any Member showing his or her lines and/or making services available either alone or in concert with others outside
of EWSRA show premises, during the published show hours will be in direct violation of Show Rules. Violators will be
subject to established fine(s) and/or suspension.
15. There will be no solicitation or congregating in the aisles, halls, or lounge areas. In addition, soliciting or discussing
business with a retail attendee while they are in an appointment with another member rep is strictly prohibited. Complaints
regarding this show rule must be made in writing to the EWSRA Executive Director the day the infraction occurs. The board
of directors will then review. Fine to Loss of Membership may be imposed.
16. No alcoholic beverages shall be served or consumed within any designated show area during show hours.
17. No Member or group of Members may sponsor any event that conflicts with EWSRA sponsored events or show
hours. Company sponsored parties; unauthorized demonstrations, displays or events are prohibited.
18. Exhibit space must be manned by contracting member rep during all published show hours
19. Members are responsible for all hotel charges made by them and payment MUST be made upon checkout.
20. Pets are not allowed within any designated show area during show hours.
21. No nails, pins or tape shall be used in hotel sleeping / meeting rooms to place articles on display. Loss of equipment
or damage to rooms or furnishings will be charged to the room where it occurs. Exhibitor is responsible for returning the
room to its original condition. The hotel will have the final decision in regard to damage in the showrooms and charge the
member or such damage.
22. No stickers, decals or signs are permitted to be placed on the door, door frame or walls outside the show room or
anywhere on hotel or convention center property, including but not limited to railings, elevators, restrooms, etc. All types
of “tagging” which deface the hotel/convention center property are prohibited.
23. Parking - EWSRA exhibitors are to park in the area designated “exhibitor parking” at all shows. If no area has been designated, exhibiting member should take into consideration their customers leaving the parking spaces closest to the show
entrance open for retail attendees. Additionally all reps are to obey move-in regulations regarding loading / unloading areas.
All vehicles, trailers, etc. that are found to be in violation (either during move-in, move-out or show hours) will be advised to
move their vehicle immediately. Non-compliance with parking regulations will be enforced by the EWSRA Executive
Director and staff. Violators will be subject to fine and vehicle will be towed at owner’s expense.
24. Booth Space contracted within 30 days of show will be accessed a $50 fee per booth.
Violators of By-Laws, Show Rules and/or Policies are subject to the following:
1st Offense $500 fine for each infraction
2nd Offense $1000 fine for each infraction
3rd Offense Potential expulsion from the association after review by the Board of Directors
8/16 : This copy supersedes any and all previous copies of EWSRA Rules of Show Conduct.